Asbestos Awareness in the Workplace
Certification: Certificate of Attendance
Study Modes: Classroom Only
Cost: $250 (+ GST)
Duration: 3.5 hours (or tailored to your needs)
Asbestos is a very dangerous material and is commonly found in buildings and other locations.
Exposure to airborne asbestos fibres can cause diseases including asbestosis, lung cancer and mesothelioma. The risk depends on factors such as the concentration of respirable asbestos fibres inhaled, the frequency of exposure, fibre type and genetic factors.
We are Asbestos Training Specialists and are recognised by WorkSafe (WA).
We will equip you and your employees with knowledge and skills that will help you safely plan, manage, supervise and/or undertake the identification of asbestos. Entrust us to keep your people safe from exposure to Asbestos.
Further information regarding asbestos may be found at WorkSafe WA click here.
Asbestos – a guide for householders and the general public is a national publication, providing information on asbestos risk and safe handling. This risk management document is designed to assist householders in reducing the risk associated with exposures to asbestos fibres. It was developed by the Environmental Health Standing Committee (enHealth), in consultation with technical experts.
The Asbestos Awareness Course includes training and information on:
- Legislative framework
- Identifying types of asbestos, likely locations and materials that may have asbestos contained within
- Health issues relating to asbestos exposure
- Understanding risk & conducting risk assessments
- Identifying hazards, controls and safe work methods
To enrol in the Asbestos Awareness Course today, please select your preferred date from our course calendar and follow the simple instructions.
Alternatively, you can enrol on the phone at (08) 9358 1116.
Please fill in the Registration form below. Fields in bold are required.
Calendar Usage Tips
- Yellow Highlight is day 1 of a new course
- Use month dropdown box to view future dates
- To apply for enrolment, click on yellow date of your choice
- Form opens - Complete your details and submit